Jen and I are hoping that everyone has a happy Easter.
We crossed into Malaysia yesterday and after several plan changes and the inability to get ferry passage off of Langkawi Island (giant air show and festival ending) has put us traveling on Easter to Georgetown in hope of catching a later church service.
Just five more transfers to go. Boat to local bus to long distance bus to boat to local bus. If they all connect, we are in business.
I bet that the Easter bunny really can not stand Santa.
People always talk about how Santa gets around the world in a day delivering presents to all of the good little boys and girls. They mention his flying sleigh and they leave him high calorie egg nog and cookies to keep his strength up. We all know he lives at the north pole.
You can imagine the rabbit asking kids "do you even know where my house is?". I picture him simply losing it on a kid who can't answer.
"Yeah, but Santa stays at the North Pole right? You are clear on that. No one knows anything about me other than egg delivery service. My job is way tougher than the job that so called Clause has. Also, there are no elves or Mrs. Bunny to help out around my house. It is all me. I have a single night to hit everyone, not just the good ones. I ain't airborne either. Do you have any idea how hard it is for an earthbound rabbit to cover the South Pacific? Look, you ever have trouble finding your christmas presents? Right under the tree in the same place every year. Santa can almost sleep walk through visiting your house by the time you hit eight or nine years old, I have to keep finding new places to hide eggs. Do you have any idea how much longer that takes? Oh yeah, and lots of kids leave out carrots for me. What do you think, like I am on a diet or something? Ain't a kid in the world would pick a carrot over cookies and nog, but everyone thinks a carrot is just fine for me."
If he visits your house, Please be nicer to the bunny this year and leave him some johnny walker black or at least something nicer than you leave for santa. The bunny works just as hard or harder and gets way less respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment